The Hustisford Fire Department was organized April 4, 1883 as a bucket brigade. Early firefighting equipment added through the years consisted of a hand pumper, two 55 gallon chemical tanks, and a portable pump powered by a gasoline engine which was later mounted on a Model T one ton truck. Also installed for the village protection were a stationary engine, located on the west edge of the Rock River, water mains and hydrants.
In 1977 the Village and Township of Hustisford entered into joint ownership of the fire department. The department is managed by the Fire Department Board of Directors. Members of the board are: President Bruce Nekich, Secretary/Treasurer Michelle Murphy, Board Members Lee Miller, Jay Mueller, Winfred Braemer, Ted Engelbart, Matt Pieper, and Jason Hundt.
Currently the Hustisford Fire Department protects 40 square miles and approximately 2,850 people throughout the Village and Township of Hustisford and the Town of Hubbard.
Current officers of the department are: Chief Matt Pieper, Deputy Chief Maynard Pieper, Assistant Chief Scott Fredrick, Captains Walter Lueder, Jay Mueller Kurt Weber, Lieutenants Deb Meyer Colin Marshall and Pat Kurtz, Safety/Training Officer Brian Thimm.
The station is located at 266 South Lake St in Hustisford. In 1987, a four story concrete training tower was built east of the Fireman’s Hall parking lot. The structure also includes an attached wood pitched roof for training purposes.
Our Present Equipment:
2161 - 2009 Pierce Impel with a 1500 GPM Darley Pump and 1000 gallon water tank, 10 kilowatt generator, light tower and 6000 PSI breathing air cascade system.
2162 - 1998 Pierce Dash with a 1750 GPM Waterous pump and 1000 gallon water tank.
2191 - 1993 International chassis with a 3,000 gallon poly water tank.
2181 – 2012 Ford F350 4WD Brush Truck, 250 gallon water tank with 2- 100 ft 1” hose reels.
2151 – 1992 Ford which has a wheeled coach moduvan mounted on it.
2182- 20 ft SeaArk Boat with a 75 HP Mercury Outboard, on board 500 GPM pump, fire suppression and EMS equipment.